No Nonsense Spelling (Primary KS1/KS2 Teacher Resource Kit)
Product Code: RT903
No Nonsense Spelling: A Primary KS1/KS2 Teacher Resource Kit
The award-winning No Nonsense Spelling is a complete spelling solution specifically designed to meet the requirements of the 2014 National Curriculum. This best-selling programme is used in almost 20% of primary schools in England.
Developed by Babcock LDP Primary Literacy team, No Nonsense Spelling provides:
- Guidance on how to teach the spelling strategies and skills required to meet the New Curriculum requirements.
- A break-down of the New Curriculum requirements into termly overviews that have been mapped across weeks as half termly plans
- Daily lesson plans, with supporting resources, including word lists and guidance on conventions
- Comprehensive explanations of how to teach spelling effectively.
The programme contains:
- 5 teacher books – one per year for years 2-6
- 1 USB stick with editable resources and video guidance
Sample content can be found here and here.
A new complete and straightforward spelling programme created by teachers for teachers. The programme breaks down the curriculum requirements into termly overviews with individual lesson plans and resources.
No Nonsense Spelling is:
- Easy to use: designed to specifically meet the needs of the National Curriculum (2014) in a manageable way
- Tried and tested by teachers: developed with teachers and tested in their classrooms
- Comprehensive: provides sufficient guidance to implement an effective spelling teaching programme from Year 2 to Year 6
The Babcock LDP literacy team is a well-established andexperienced group of English advisers, who work extensively in schools in Devon and beyond. For many years they have produced materials for schools which they share on their very popular website. All of the members of the team are experienced teachers across KS1 and 2. They are currently working with schools to support them in implementing all aspects of the English National Curriculum.
“Many schools across Kent now use the No Nonsense Spelling programme from Years 2 to 6, and teachers report that they love the flexibility it offers. Children’s spelling is improving across the county, and Kent managed to equal National performance in the SPAG test in 2016 for the first time. The Local Authority identify improvements in spelling as being central to this rise in performance.” –Penny Bill, IA Literacy – School Improvement, Kent County Council
“No Nonsense Spelling is a comprehensive programme that moves from the termly pathway into the overviews of each half term, and down to daily lesson plan ideas to support teachers with how to deliver that in the classroom.” –Rebecca Cosgrave, Lead Advisor, Babcock
Free Spelling Resources to use with the No Nonsense Spelling
Use this fun and easy spelling practice template to help children practice their word lists while remembering to: look, say, cover, write and check. These 5 actions are represented by symbols on the top to make them easy to remember. A versatile template to use with the No Nonsense Spelling lessons. Laminating the spelling practice template make it usable time after time. Print, download and share for free! Read more about spelling tips here.
Primary Teacher Award
Educational Resources Award
Dimensions: 40.9 x 5 x 27.1 cm