No Nonsense Phonics Skills (Primary KS1 Teacher Resource Kit)
Product Code: RT905
The No Nonsense Phonics Skills programme provides a logical step-by-step approach to teaching reading, spelling, handwriting and language comprehension. It guides the student and the teacher through a series of carefully designed systematic phonics routines to master the complex English Alphabetic Code.
Each book is rich in content providing instruction and exercises with ‘cumulative’ code, words, sentences and texts, with an additional focus on language comprehension and on building up knowledge of ‘spelling word banks’.
- Provides systematic and rigorous phonics teaching and practice
- Extends phonics learning to reading and writing cumulative texts
- Includes high-frequency and tricky words, vocabulary enrichment and language comprehension
- Covers the New Curriculum requirements for Phonics and Spelling in Year 1 and Year 2
- Develops children’s handwriting, linking it to the Alphabetic Code and the alphabet
- Provides guidance for entry points.
The No Nonsense Phonics Skills programme is split across 9 pupil workbooks with new graphemes introduced in each book.
- 54 pupil wordbooks (6 per level)
- 9 teacher books
- 6 alphabetic code charts
- USB stick with CPD video and extra resources
“This box set could change the way you do things and turn your teaching on its head. If you want a logical, step-by-step programme providing targeted support, No Nonsense Phonics Skills is a strong, functional, thorough and far-reaching resource. It is magnificently fit for purpose, provides content-rich practice of the three core phonics skills and their sub-skills, and maximises learning.” –John Dabell, Teach Primary
About the Author:
Debbie Hepplewhite has been in primary teaching for many years and her roles have included special needs teacher and head teacher. Her experience and findings in schools led her to specialise in the teaching of literacy and phonics teacher-training and consultancy. Debbie has been creating systematic synthetic phonics programmes since 2007 and in 2012 was awarded an MBE for ‘services to education’.
Dimensions: 50.1 x 28.5 x 36.2 cm