Let’s Read – Step-by-Step Bigger Words
Product Code: WU031
Introduce children to reading using this unique and simple book. The third title in the “Let’s Read” series, this book gently helps children read first words in a step-by-step approach. It includes “bigger words” with consonant digraphs such as the sounds “sh” and “ch”. Each word is presented over 6 pages. The first page contains only the first letter and the opposite page has one part of an image shows. Gradually, the following pages add more letters and the image is revealed as children read a full word. The last page contains revision and practice words. The text is over-sized and colour-coded, and uses an easy-to-read child-friendly font. Each letter or sound has a prompt underneath it to help children point at the letters and concentrate when reading. This book helps help easily-distracted children maintain focus. It is ideal for reluctant readers. Teaching guidance included.
- Part of the Let’s Read series: a unique high quality comprehensive introduction to nearly all the sounds of English
- Learn blending in a gentle step-by-step approach
- Includes “bigger words” with consonant digraphs, such as “sh” and “ch”
- Over-sized text with a child-friendly font
- Prompts help point at each letter/sound and maintain concentration
- Teaching guidance included
Review: “Talk about a splash of colour – these really are like having a rainbow on every page. Vibrant tones are used strategically and purposefully to draw children’s attention to a particular pattern or word feature, making each page very exciting and engaging.” – John Dabell, TeachPrimary. Read the full review here.
Paperback: 32 pages
Dimensions: 15 x 20 x 0.4 cm