Learning Resources 10-Row Rekenrek Counting Frame
Product Code: LR141
1 in stock
Learning Resources 10-Row Rekenrek Counting Frame (Abacus)
This sturdy classroom classic calculating frame provides young learners with a visual model to help them discover number relationships. Explore number bonds, simple addition and basic counting. The 10-row rekenrek plastic counting frame features ten rows of ten beads; five red and five white. This five-bead grouping allows children to use five and ten as anchors for solving equations. Ideal for activities such as plus or minus one, making ten, doubles and other addition and subtraction strategies. Includes a multilingual activity guide.
- Ten-row rekenrek for supporting a variety of primary maths skills
- Arithmetic rack helps develop a variety of primary maths skills, including number bonds and counting
- The calculating tool helps children to discover a variety of addition & subtraction strategies such as doubles, plus or minus one or making 10!
- The Rekenrek also develops computational skills
- Features ten rows of ten beads (five red and five white)
- Five-bead groupings allow children to use five and ten as anchors for counting and more complex equation solving
- Made from wipe clean, durable plastic
- Includes an activity guide
The rekenrek, or arithmetic rack, was designed by Adrian Treffers, a mathematics curriculum researcher at the Freudenthal Institute in Holland, to support the natural development of number sense in children. … This allows students to make mental images of numbers.
Product Size: 26.1 x 26.4 x 14.9 cm. Frame measures 23 x 10 x 22 cm